10. The best books have already been written.
9. My ideas are too conceptual to be confined to a commercial market.
8. I can make more money by self-publishing my dystopian-paranormal romance novels.
7. Other jobs that pay better: circus performer, used car dealer, phone psychic. pyrotechnician, lifeguard, court reporter.
6. I’m looking to attract a more intellectual audience.
5. It’s no fun without violence, drugs or nudity.
4. Celebrities are taking over my craft.
3. No one needs illustration when you can steal stock photography off the internet – for free.
2. In 10 years, books will be obsolete anyway.
1. It’s so easy a child could do it.